Monday, August 5, 2013

JD Nighthawk Reviews 'Fighting for Flight' by JB Salsbury

Fighting for Flight

by JB Salsbury


 I. Loved. This. Book.

In the steady stream of books flowing through my kindle it takes a lot to stop me in my tracks. 

JB Salsbury you have forced my foot to slam hard on the brakes.....

I adored this book. For the first time, in a long time, I was reading with anticipation..... I couldn't pick what was going to happen until it actually happened.  That is rare these days. The opening scene had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up and a sense of dread creeping into my chest. I felt that anxiety lingering just below the surface for most of the book and  I loved it.

 What happens when in order to win, you’re forced to lose?

The only daughter of an infamous Las Vegas pimp, Raven Morretti grew up an outsider. Liberated from the neglectful home of her prostitute mother, she finds solace as a mechanic. With few friends, she’s content with the simple life. Flying under the radar is all she knows, and more than she expects.

Until she catches the eye of local celebrity, UFL playboy Jonah Slade.

Weeks away from his title fight, Jonah is determined to stay focused on everything he’s trained so hard to achieve. Undefeated in the octagon, he’s at the height of his career. But resisting Raven’s effortless allure and uncomplicated nature is a fight he can’t win.

Jonah trades in his bad-boy reputation and puts his heart on the line. But when her father contacts her, setting in motion the ugly truth of her destiny, Jonah must choose.  In a high-stakes gamble where love and freedom hang in the balance, a war is waged where the price of losing is a fate worse than death.

Will the hotheaded Jonah be able to restrain his inner fighter to save the woman he loves?

 Or will Raven be forced into a life she’s been desperate to avoid?




The characters in this book are written so well.  The bad guys are bad, evil in fact, and would have to make the top 5 of my all time evil characters.  The good guys; the guys at Ravens garage are good in every sense of the word.  If it wasn't for them (Guy and Mickey, and even Dog the cat) Ravens horrible life would  had no shining light at all.

But what I really enjoyed was the love story between Jonah and Raven.  The alternating POV's between the two was the icing on the cake for me.  It made the story and their union even better; getting a glimpse of what made both of them tick including their fears and desires made the connection to each of them as characters even stronger.

I loved that once Jonah knew Raven was the one - that was it for him. His mind was made up and there was no going back.

Raven is a heroine.  She may have cried...a lot, but it was completely understandable. Her life, her story....was horrible.  Until Jonah.

I'm not going to say any more for fear of a spoiler spilling out of my mouth.  Just go, now, and read Fighting For Flight. You won't regret it. Promise.


A Very Deserving 9/10
Links









grab your copy 

1 comment: